Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rising Minimum Wage

Minimum wage needs to keep up with the rising cost of basic necessities and so it has risen a little in these 7 states; Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Ohio, Oregon, Vermont and Washington. It will be going up between 9-12 cents. Washington having the highest minimum wage at $8.67 an hour. Poverty advocates don't think this should be seen as rising but more as keeping up with rising goods. People are hoping that this will go right back to the economy.




I think that this is going to make inflation rise really fast, because I don't think that the money will go back to the economy like others think, I think that people will put it in there savings for later which will up the prices on goods AGAIN and make minimum wage go up again... it's a vicious cycle. But I'm obviously no expert because I'm in high school.

Source:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40853128/ns/business-us_business/

No comments:

Post a Comment